Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gettin' Multitasked


Right after the bar exam, I practically lost my mind. All of the sudden I had more time than I knew what to do with. I went from working all day and then studying for 6-8 hours when I got home to coming home with nothing to do. It sucked. I didn't know what to do with my evenings. My parents got so sick of hearing "I'm bored" from me that they bought me a Playstation. I am a little worried that I'll feel the same way after this race in September.

I have been hitting 10-12 hours of workouts per week pretty regularly. Those hours will be double that at the peak of the summer, but I have been picking up a bunch of other time commitments too. There has been a little legal work on the side for some friends. I just got elected to the board of directors of a community development corporation. Campaigning tied up a bunch of evenings. Thank goodness that's over. I've also been helping out with some family issues. Don't get me wrong, I like being busy. If there isn't a ton of stuff on my plate, I can be lazy. The amount of work we have to do always seems to expand to fill our hours.

Workout summaries from the past three weeks:

January 18-24

Swam 5 miles
Biked 3:50
Ran 16+ miles

January 25-31

Swam 5 miles
Biked 3:40
Ran 12 miles
We went skiing in N.Y. over the weekend, so that wiped out some of my running over the course of the week. 7 hours of skiing.

February 1-7

Swam 5 miles
Biked 5:30
Ran about 21 miles

This week will be a little lighter, but there is a bit more intensity. Tomorrow is my first day off in two weeks. I probably won't know what to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment