Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 Race Results

I'll hopefully come back to fill in the details this weekend, but here is what I did this year as far as the racing went. My training early in the year went pretty well. I ran a bit more than I am used to in the winter months and I spent a ton of time on the trainer with the rockin' bike that Katie got me for Christmas. Around the time of the first race, I noticed something was wrong. I ran the American Odyssey relay knowing that I was hurt, but I just didn't want to admit it to myself. It was a stress fracture in my shin. I don't ever want that shit again. I didn't run from the end of April until the second week of June. And when I finally started back up, the small amounts of time I could run were absolutely maddening. All in all I can't complain too much. I had some decent races towards the end of the summer and I still had fun doing it.

St. Malachi Run--5mi 37:17

American Odyssey Relay--202 miles with 11 other people. Total time--30:08:00

NEO Kickoff Sprint Tri--I can't remember the time but it was bad.

Milton Man Sprint Tri--2nd in my age group and 11th overall

Cleveland Sprint Tri--3rd in my age group and 25th overall

Fairport Harbor Tri--3rd in my age group and 18th overall (I think)

Greater Cleveland Sprint Tri--2nd in my age group and 10th overall

Bellefaire Biathlon--1st in my age group and 4th overall

No comments:

Post a Comment